Saturday, July 5, 2014

Duckstein Weizen Cuvee Review

Duckstein Beer
Hamburg, Germany


5.7% abv
Style: Amber Wheat
1pt .9oz bottle
$3.19 a bottle
From: Lager Mill Frankenmuth Michigan

Appearance: deep dense amber body with a one finger white head; a little sheet of lacing drips with each sip


Aroma: dusty wheat with a faint malty tone; halfway thru the glass and as the ale warms up - a little hefeweizen style shows up; faint banana, a hint of bubblegum, I think it is the Amber notes that is giving it the dusty wheat aroma

Flavors: I don’t think I have ever had an Amber Weizen before; I really like Weizens and Amber I could care less about; bring them together and it tastes like a dirty wheat beer; I pick up the amber like quality and then I get the wheat so, dirty wheat – get it; the more I am sipping this the more I am liking it; and just like the nose as the ale warms some hefeweizen like notes appear


Mouthfeel: nice light-moderate carbonation; medium body; sweet grains up front; soft hops on the mid; dusty wheat on the finish along with a light wheat twang; fairly clean on the palate for a wheat/amber beer; to me a nice balance between the wheat style and amber style;


To the Point: may not be the most interesting beer in the world but, I am finding it to be enjoyable; I would buy this again; I’ll give it an 85% - nice flavor, nothing special, enjoyable and easy to drink; 


No comments:

Post a Comment