Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ale Review: Petrus Aged Pale Ale

The Ale


11.2 oz bottle
7.3% abv
Brewed by: Brouwerij Bavik
Belgium
My Strength Rating: 8.5

This delicious golden blonde ale is aged in oak barrels for over 20 months. This ale pours an attractive golden color and carries a nice white head that dissipates quickly.

The first thing I notice is the strong tart green apple taste that boarders the line on sour. This past weekend a friend brought some apples brushed with lemon juice to the party and this reminds a little of this ale. This ale has a bigger lemon juice profile and green apple bite though. I like the oak cask taste and the aroma that I get with each sip.

I have had this ale before and I already know that I like this one. This ale would be excellent after a big hearty meal like the one I had tonight.

Buy: yes – when your taste buds are ready for the acidic tart-sour bite of green apple and lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment