Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cabin Fever brown ale: Review


New Holland Brewing
Holland, Michigan, USA
6% abv
12 oz bottle

Brown ales or lagers are not my favorite style but, I am always drawn to them.  I think I always expect more out of them.  I have to remind myself that they are just a lager with some roasted notes and usually lightly roasted at that.  Brown lagers are nice as a session beer sitting around the ol’ campfire on a winter day. 

Appearance: brown with chestnut highlights and a light tan head

Aroma: toasted bread, dark fruit that reminds me of raisins,

Flavors: toasted wheat and rye bread, lightly roasted notes swirl around a light caramel malty tone. 

Mouthfeel: low-moderate carbonation, smooth, dark lager like, light roasted notes on the aftertaste.

My Strength Rating: 4 – mild-medium overall; light aftertaste,

To the Point: a tasty brown lager as far as brown lagers go.  For the cigar smoker, like me, this Brown should pair well with almost any type of cigar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment