Thursday, July 29, 2010

Whitsun Ale: Review

6% abv
17 IBU
12 oz bottle
Arcadia Brewing
Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
Arcadia makes sum really nice beers and this is another example. The color looks like a bronze and the off white head seemed thin. After the first sip I could tell that the carbonation is low and the lacing on the glass non-existing to very thin. The mouthful of wheat sure does the trick. A slight level of spice and orange peel rounds off the taste.

Seems like a nice little roasted malt character to make things interesting. There is a caramel malt taste along with an herbal spice and a mineral like undertone. I am not noticing much coriander. I do like the overall sweet profile. Remember it has a 17 IBU rating. Don’t worry there are enough hops to keep things in check.

I found this ale interesting overall. I would like to try it again.

Buy: Yes – It’s summertime get to the store now.

No comments:

Post a Comment