Thursday, July 18, 2013

St. Bernardus Pater 6: Review

Br. St. Bernard
Watou, Belgium


Abbey Ale
6.7% abv
330ml bottle

I have never reviewed the Pater 6.  I have reviewed the St. Bernardus 8, 12 and Tripel.


Appearance: ruddy brown body with a light tan 1-1/2 finger head; spotty lacing

Aroma: dark bread, dark fruit, light overall, builds character as the ale warms

Flavors: dark fruit – raisin like; pumpernickel with a little rye swirl; touch of spice;


Mouthfeel: fizzy carbonation sparkling wine like, mild-moderate body, nice balance between sweet malts and hops, light dark fruits linger on the palate; to me it is fairly simple: raisin, pumpernickel bread with a touch of rye grain spice and a light aftertaste. 

To the Point: a nice Pater, pleasing to drink, easy to enjoy, I think I like this better than the Prior 8 which has a cinnamon raisin bread likeness; 


No comments:

Post a Comment