Friday, September 9, 2011

St. Bernardus Tripel: Review


Belgian Abbey Ale

1pt 9.4oz bottle
8% abv
$10.99 a bottle

This is going to be the shortest review I have ever written about a Belgian Ale. 

This is BORING!

Appearance: tons of sediment floating around in a golden colored body with a big head when poured.  I was pouring this baby really slow and it still got a big head.

Aroma: none

Flavor: how disappointing – nothing – I mean … really … nothing.  Okay, as it warmed up a little there was a light yeasty note.  I was really looking forward to this ale.  I love Belgian Tripels. 

I don’t know if I should buy another bottle to see if this one is just bad.  Let’s check Beer Advocate to see what is going on.  Wow, it has an A- rating with 991 reviews.  Okay, I’ll pitch this one, for I cannot even drink it, for it is sooo boring.  I want a good beer!  I’ll have to buy another one because of the beer advocate rating. 

Okay, that was the last sip.  I hope the worms enjoy it for I am going to pour this on the grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment