Saturday, December 11, 2010

Summit Hefe Weizen: Beer Review

Here is a left over from summer that I found in my files
4.9% abv
12 oz bottle
Summit Brewing
Minnesota, USA
My Strength Rating: 4/4.5

Pours a hazy golden color and don’t forget to swirl the last 1/2 inch to get the sediment off the bottom of the bottle. Nice little head that did not last very long. No lacing on the glass to speak of.

To me this is pretty uninteresting. I love a good hefe on a summer day and this is not it. There is a wheat presence of course along with … an uninteresting clove and grainy taste. I keep on smelling this beer and I cannot figure it out. It is a big lump smell. Very uninspiring.

I have checked the bottle up and down for a freshness date but, I cannot find one. Every bottle in this six pack tasted the same – uninteresting.

Buy: Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment