Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sloeber Ale: Review


Br. Roman
Oudenaarde, Belgium
7.5% abv
11.2 oz bottle
$16.99 a four pack

Appearance: thick foggy golden orange body with a big fluffy pure white head.

Aroma: sweet pear and tart apple; muted spice, grainy malts and light grassy hops.  The overall bouquet is light.

Flavors: flavors follow the nose; light summer fruit, touch of tart apple, Belgian spice and yeast are very light yet tasty, I can’t put my finger on any particular hoppy note but it must be doing its job in keeping this ale in balance, nothing overwhelming and no particular note stands out but in its simplicity it is tasty.    

Mouthfeel: moderate carbonation, semi-creamy feel, light-medium body, light bitterness and nice sweetness, the alcohol does not stand out, velvety feel on the finish, not complex,

To the Point: to me it’s just as good as Duvel but, not as tasty or complex as Piraat.  I do like this Ale. I think it is the simplicity of this Belgian that I enjoy.  Beware of the 7.5% alcohol and the drinkability of this ale.

My Strength Rating: 4 – clean aftertaste, velvety feel  


No comments:

Post a Comment