Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Oyster Stout: Review

The Porterhouse Brewing Company
Dublin, Ireland


5.2% abv
11.2oz bottle
$4.39 a bottle
“Fresh oysters added during the brewing process, lend a discernible yet unidentifiable note.” On the bottle


Appearance: black body with a thin beige head

Aroma: an herbal mint note or I might describe it as ‘an already chewed piece of spearmint gum’ – this note dominates the nose to me and then I pick up some roasted notes of coffee and chocolate

My bloodhound wife has a great nose she picked up the coffee and chocolate first and then she said there was a hint of mint – hum – just the opposite for me. 

A unique pull tab on the cap
Flavors: roasted grains; light roasted coffee; light mint; sea salt; mineral water; dried black currant

Mouthfeel: little salty; dry; thin in body;


To the Point: it is okay at best to me; thin in body and no depth to the flavors


No comments:

Post a Comment