Monday, October 11, 2010

Railbender Ale: Review

The name Railbender Ale comes from honoring the railroads and railroad workers from the Erie, Pennsylvania area.

6.8% abv., 12oz bottle, 26 IBU, Erie Brewing Co., Erie, Pennsylvania, USA

eriebrewingco.com

Appearance: Bright reddish copper
Aroma: Sweet bread
Taste: Caramel nut bread with a slight hoppy bitter note late on the tongue. The flavor does fill the palate. With a 6.8% abv I thought there might be a little peppery bite but, I do not detect any. As I think about that I notice a little herbal or herbal tea like quality. A fairly simple and sweet Scottish Ale. Mouthfeel: Refreshing, crisp, and smooth – with these qualities you will want to down a few but, at 6.8% be careful. A slight sweetness along with a tiny hop bite is left on the palate.
My Strength Rating: 4

Overall I think this is a tasty and smooth ale. I bought one bottle about a month ago and liked it but, was a little leery of the sweetness. So, I bought another bottle and I think it is worthy of a six pack try next time. I am going to have to plan a trip to this brewery. I have had several of their beers and have enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment