Monday, August 8, 2011

Kuhnhenn 4D 2010: Beer Review


4th D Olde Ale 2010
Fourth Dementia
13.5% abv
12 oz bottle
Kuhnhenn Brewing Company
Warren, Michigan, USA

I bought a four pack of this ale and I have had two bottles (about a month ago) before reviewing this ale.  From what I remember is that it is rich, sweet and still has a nice bitter note.  For me I have to be in the mood for this ale.  Tonight I am in the mood.  Let’s review! 

Appearance: deep mahogany, poured a one finger tan head that disappeared quickly.  No lacing. 

Aroma: rich caramel and sweet malts dominate

Flavors: the rich caramel carry over with roasted toffee, rich sweet notes abound, hint of toasted vanilla and oak.   With each sip the rich toasted sweetness on the nose is enjoyable.  Be careful drinking this ale for the alcohol taste is not present and it is 13.5%.  It is a sipper but, it’s easy to forget that.  There are some nice bitter notes from the hops on the back of the palate. 

Mouthfeel: semi-creamy, smooth, hardly any carbonation, full bodied, a bit syrupy.

No comments:

Post a Comment