Monday, December 5, 2011

Wittekerke Winter White Ale: Review


Authentic Belgian Double Wit Ale
Br. Bavik
Belgium
1pt 9.4oz bottle
7.5% abv

I know I like the regular Wittekerke and that was one beer that I missed having this past summer.  But, there I was standing in the beer isle of the Super Fine Wine & Liquor Store and I see this bottle.  I am looking forward to this one. 

Appearance: hazy golden wheat with a creamy white hue.  It pours an easy two finger white head

Aroma: Belgian coriander spice and dusty yeast

Flavors: The Belgian spice is the first thing I notice and then the crisp wheat, mixed with some fruity notes and dusty yeast notes. 

Mouthfeel: smooth, semi-creamy feel, fine carbonation, lingering wheat with a touch of spice on the palate.

My Strength Rating: 4 – mild-medium overall – the Belgian spice plays a good role in the flavor

To the Point: I was not disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment