Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Presque Isle Pilsner by: Erie Brewing: Review

This Pilsner is brewed by: Erie Brewing located in Erie Pennsylvania. This Pilsner is low on the alcohol by volume scale at 4.2%. And, as most Pilsners are this one is low in bitterness. I don’t know anything about this beer – I just saw it at the store so I bought a bottle of it to give it a try.

When I poured this beer into a pilsner glass I could tell by the light color of the body this is going to be one weak beer. The color is almost clear. Well, it is a pale straw color. The aroma is extremely light, fresh, and clean. The taste follows the aroma. Being a pilsner there is not much in flavor profiling to talk about. It has a soft little sweetness – it is a malt focused beer. But, this is nice tasting.

On my strength rating I’ll give it a 0.5. Wow, that is ultra mild. My strength scale is purely subject. It is made up of what I think about a beers: texture or mouthfeel; its taste and body; and the aroma. You can see my strength rating chart on the sidebar on this page.

This is a very crisp and refreshing pilsner. The more I drink this the more I like this beer. Boy - don’t judge a book by its cover, eh. As I finish this beer I have decided that it is worthy of buying a six pack the next time I am at the beer store.

This refreshing beer with that low 4.2 abv makes this a great session beer. If I think any different of this beer after buying a six pack I’ll update this posting then.

Since I wrote this I bought a 12 pack and this is a solid beer to session while playing yard games.  When I was sitting back just to relax and enjoy a few - the taste got a little boring to me after the first one.

Funny thing, I gave this beer to my neigbhor who is a Busch or Busch Light drinker and when he took a sip he said, 'Wow, this is a very full bodied beer.'  He did like the beer!  Those poor Busch drinkers such a narrow focus on what a beer is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment