Thursday, May 17, 2012

Einbecker Mai-Ur-Bock: Review



6.5% abv
11.2oz green bottle
Einbecker Brauhaus AG
Einbeck, Germany

Appearance: dark and dusty amber body with a bone white head and not much in the lacing department.

Nose: earthy yeast, little nutty, sweet toasted malts

Flavors: dusty old German beer taste, not quit metallic like, some may say that is the German hops smell;  over-ripened Macintosh apples, sweet grains, dusty and nutty yeast, slight pecan shell bitterness. 

Mouthfeel: low-moderate carbonation, slight bitterness on the finish, malts on the delivery, lingering muddled flavors left on the tongue,

To the Point: this Mai-Ur-Bock seems aged to me.  I don’t know if this is an old six pack that I bought – which I would not doubt – the numbers notched on the back label 1 & 4 for whatever that means.  If this is old beer then it has aged well and I like it.  If it is fresh beer – I like it but, I don’t want to find out what it tastes like when it gets some age on it – for it already tastes old.  And, that is not a bad thing.  It is tasty.    


No comments:

Post a Comment