Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wittekerke Belgian Wheat: Review

The Beer
Wittekerke stands for White Church. See Johnny Fincioen video on Global Beer Network on the history of Wittekerke. To me this 5% abv Belgian Wheat Beer should be a wheat beer lovers dream. I love the fresh wheat style taste and the mild lemon citrus squeeze. Very refreshing on a hot summer day. My strength rating for this beer is a 4. No coriander or other spices to jam up that mouthfeel. Don’t get me wrong, I do like those beers that have that Belgian white style, but not on a 90 degree day. After this one has been in the sun, while in my glass, it still tastes good. To me cooked coriander and spices is not so refreshing in this situation. For my summer time pleasure I am buying a 12 pack of Wittekerke for that Belgian Wheat refreshing taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment