Saturday, July 12, 2014

Black Label Beer

Carling Black Label Beer
G. Heileman Brewing Company
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA


I still remember those old TV commercials
“Hey Mabel, Black Label.”

“Today, Carling Black Label is still brewed at Miller breweries under contract to Pabst …”
I have also seen that Molson Coors owns the Carling Black Label name.  So, who brews this beer – I don’t know and I don’t care.  I am surprised anybody would take ownership to brewing this beer. 


Black Label is not the best tasting American Adjunct Beer around but, it is not the worst either.  I’ll take it over some other ones.  It is just fun to try for ‘the memories’. 


I found my 12 pack at the Lager Mill Store in Frankenmuth.  Carling purchased the Frankenmuth Brewery back in the late 50’s and then sold it off when their sales were on the down slide when Miller and Bud started to dominate the market in the 60’s by making cheap beer.  


1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid growing up in Boston my Dad always loved Black Label Beer I am so glad they still brew it definitely going to try it and walk Down memory lane

    ReplyDelete