Thursday, July 4, 2013

Trout River Chocolate Oatmeal Stout: Review

Trout River Brewing Company
Lyndonville, Vermont, USA


4.9% abv

Appearance: has the consistency of a lager as I am pouring it into my glass.  Black body with a half finger light tan head that leaves a spot of lacing here or there.


Aroma: oh no, sour, sour mash, sour apple mash, nothing else

Flavors: do I really want to drink this.  No, but in the name of science I’ll do it.  Yes, it is … sour!  Sour Stout cool.  But, the is a chocolate oatmeal stout and I was in the mood for a really good one. 


Mouthfeel: lively carbonation, a sparkling wine like carbonation during the first half, thin on flavors, no depth, just sour, light tartness on the aftertaste

To the Point: no chocolate, no oatmeal or grains, no stout,


I think it is a cool sour stout.  I pitched it on the grass.  No date on the bottle but, it had to be old or they just don't know what they are doing there in Vermont.  


No comments:

Post a Comment