Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Curim Gold

Celtic Wheat Beer
“Fruity, aromatic and refreshingly crisp” – on the bottle
4.3% abv
330ml / 11.2 oz I want my other .8 ounces
Carlow Brewing Company
Carlow, Ireland
Carlowbrewing.com
Aroma: a tad sour like, grainy

Flavors: hoppy bitter note with a yeasty flavor mixed in.  Behind these two flavors comes a sourdough bread like taste.  Throw in a little golden raisin and golden apple.  At times I think it is a ginger like taste blending into the mix. 
I wish it had a better wheat profile. 

This beer is strange.  When it is cold out of the fridge and in a chilled glass it is tasty.  Soon as that chill disappears the taste sours.  There is a strange sour or tart taste that develops as the beer warms.  Maybe, I could describe it like an old expired bottle of lemon juice that should have been thrown out 2 years ago.

Mouthfeel: good carbonaton and it does have a crisp like feel.  “Refreshingly” – I can’t describe it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment