Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Samuel Adams Winter Lager: Review

Malt Beverage Brewed With Spices
4.5% abv
Boston Beer Company
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
$8.50 a six pack
My Strength Rating: 3.5 due to the watery edge.

Let me give my opinion first: I think this Winter Lager is just okay.

A good looking lager with a clear deep copper color for the body and a bubbly off-white head.  Solid lacing on the glass.  The nose has an herbal spicy aroma mixed in with some malts.

The flavors are sweet grains with a caramel back drop and the hops must be doing their job to keep things in balance.  The spice reminds me of cinnamon.  At times I notice a watery edge to this lager.  I think I have lost my taste for this beer.  Maybe it is just me but, I think this beer is boring nowadays.  Does anybody know if they changed the recipe?

The overall taste seems diluted and boring.

Save your money and buy a good winter lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment