Wednesday, October 27, 2010

International: Four Beer Review

Denmark, Turkey, Belgium, and United States

Moosehead Lager

This is a good lager. I always like to visit this beer a couple of times during the summer months when I get tired of drinking those wheat and Belgian beers. Always crisp and refreshing.  This is a leftover picture I had from summer.

Efes Dark Beer

This 6.1% abv dark beer comes all the way from Turkey. It has an almost black body with a thin light tan head. The smell was malty based with a slight sweetness. The taste is all roasted barley malts. It is a very simple beer and this simple is good! The carbonation was low on the texture. I like this beer. I would buy this again.

Dundee Pale Bock Lager

A slight malty aroma but, nothing special. A pretty yellow golden body with a thin white head. This is a tasty pale bock. Once again nothing complex here. I plan to do a full review of this beer when I buy a Dundee variety pack.

Luppoo

This ale comes from Belgium. It is brewed with barley malts and oats. Did I have problems with this one. I go to open the bottle and the foam came spewing out. I had to set the bottle in the sink and after a minute or two it was still foaming at the mouth. So, I opened it the rest of the way and poured it into a glass. Did this one ever have a head on it. A mountain of white foam. It also had tons of sediment floating around for a very unappealing look. I don’t know if this one is old or what – no expiration date of course. This taste was not bad. A typical Belgian brew: sweet fruits, candied sugar, and a little hops to keep the sweetness undercontrol. At $4.60 for an 11.2 oz bottle and half it lost in opening – I probably will not be buying another one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment