Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sleeman Cream Ale: Beer Review


5% abv
Sleeman Brewing and Malting Co.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Out of the Sleeman line up this is the one I like.  It has a pleasing lager taste. 

Appearance: golden lager look with a nice white head on top and plenty of lacing on the side of the glass.

Aroma: light, buttermilk biscuit, clean

Flavors and mouthfeel: clean, crisp, refreshing.  Nice sweet malt profile and the hops must be doing their job to keep things in balance.  There is a hint of sweet citrus and other than that it is pretty generic.  Funny that it is called Cream Ale and I never have found it creamy in texture.  No aftertaste to me. 

My Strength Rating: 2 – this is a very refreshing beer.  I’ll take this over Molson Canadian any day.  Easy to pair with any type of cigar; for there are no flavors to interfere.   

To the Point: An excellent session beer.  Sit around the campfire and pound a few.  An average beer at best when reviewing.  I’ll give it C+.

No comments:

Post a Comment