Friday, July 1, 2011

Dogfish HELLHOUND: Review


Robert Johnson’s Hellhound On My Ale

Ale brewed with lemons
10% abv
100 IBU
1pt 9.4oz bottle
$14.00
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Inc.
Milton, Delaware, USA

Appearance: burnt orange with plenty of head to go around and solid lacing on the glass.

Aroma: ample citrus on the nose and sweet bread

Flavors: pink grapefruit on the deliver; lemon rind, of course, hitting mid-palate; a little sweet floral swirling around;

Mouthfeel: firm citrus bit on the back of the palate, a warm and peppery finish that lingers on the aftertaste, long lasting tingling on the cheek and gums, and I just had a pineapple burp.  This would be nice on a cool spring or fall day.  The alcohol warmth is too much for a warm summer day. 

My Strength Rating: 9 – firm tasty citrus notes and a long lasting aftertaste. 

To the Point: a good hoppy ale.  It seems to be lacking something or it is just that I am not a big lemon rind fan. (which is true, I don't care for lemon in my beer)  $14.00 for the bottle won't get me running to the store for more. 

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing and it is one cool looking cigar!

No comments:

Post a Comment