Friday, August 23, 2013

Mythos Hellenic Lager Beer: Review

Mythos Brewing SA
Greece


4.7% abv
11.2oz bottle

I am doing a three country Pilsner/Lager review day.  I started with Radeberger from Germany; the second one – Birra Moretti from Italy; and this one from Greece. 

Appearance: nice golden body with lively bubbles rising to the top with a finger and a half pour as snow head; it also leaves some lacing behind.  Damn good beer.


Aroma: fresh loaf of Wonder White Bread; that’s it folks

Flavors: buttered white bread, sweet broadleaf grass,

Mouthfeel: very simple; fresh, refreshing, crisp, clean; this beer is as clean as a beer can taste; no aftertaste well there is a little grainy feel; carbonation is lively; light body;

To the Point: I didn’t like this beer on the first couple of sips; the more I sipped - the more l liked it; it still is only an okay lager but, on a hot summer day and it is today – it is refreshing if nothing else and looking at those flavors I mean nothing else. 



As for the three different beers: I liked Birra Moretti; then the Mythos and in third place Radeberger.  To me all three were typical lagers; all three on the boring side of town; all three refreshing on a hot summer day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment