Thursday, September 13, 2012

Samuel Adams Fat Jack


Samuel Adams Fat Jack Double Pumpkin
Ale Brewed with Pumpkin and Spices
Boston Beer Company
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
8.5% abv
$5.99 a bottle
1pt 6oz bottle
Batch No. 1

It has been a few weeks since I have done any reviews (I did a review an Oktoberfest last night).  The last three weeks of summer I just enjoyed my time without doing any reviews.  Last week I did come down with a head cold.  The congestion is still hanging on but, I should be read for a review.

Appearance: mahogany body, nice reddish amber colored highlights when held up to the light, tan one finger head

Aroma: nice fall-time spices, malty backbone

Flavors: the spice notes are leading the way to me, the ginger and nutmeg combination stands out to me, tasty toasted malts, pumpkin is in the mix but seems to be behind the scene not out in front.  As the ale warms up I start to notice the cinnamon. 

I’ll have to have another one in the coming weeks to see how I did with this review while I had this head congestion.

 Mouthfeel: the spice profile lingers on the palate, smoky feel, medium body, full of flavors,

To the Point: today, I like this ale.  I thought there would be a bigger pumpkin taste; the focus is on the spice; I would buy this again.  I would like to have this with a fine cigar.  I am near the end of this bottle and the spice profile is just too much for me – ‘too much’ might be the wrong words – I am just getting tired of them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment