Monday, April 25, 2011

Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock 2011: Review


6.4% abv
12 oz bottle
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Chico, California, USA

Appearance: an electric golden color with a fine white one finger head and not much on the lacing of the glass.

Aroma: To me this bouquet is too light to tell.  I even changed rooms to smell this beer (worked before on others) and the same thing – too light to tell.  Faint bready, maybe a hop note – I give up.  I even poured another one to see if I could pick up any aroma notes – nothing different. 

Flavors: On the front of the sip there are some bready malts, a touch of pecan nuttiness, and grains.  Then, on the finish the green peppercorn spice hits the back of the palate and I also think there is a pine needle like quality playing on the palate. 

Mouthfeel: a moderate hoppy tingle tantalizes the tongue, lemon ring note hanging around, very crisp,

Strength Rating: 4.5 – for some that peppery, pine needle like quality will raise their personal strength rating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment