Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Heavenly Feijoa Tripel: Review

New Belgium Brewing
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA


Collaboration with Dieu du Ciel
Lips of Faith Series
Brasserie Dieu du Ciel
Heavenly Feijoa Tripel
Ale Brewed with Feijoa and Hibiscus
1pt 6oz bottle
9% abv

Appearance: misty amber golden body with a one finger white head that some lacing on the glass.


Aroma: now that is unique; white wine like for sure; I don’t know what Feijoa fruit smells like but, the fruity smell is sweet yet tart; swirl of floral; very aromatic; if Faith’s lips smelled like this when I kiss her – I would be a happy man;

Flavors: Yes, flavored lipstick; very fruity – once again it must be the Feijoa fruit; tropical sweetness with a tart note on the finish; pineapple, mango, guava, white grapes, apple, peach; the tartness reminds me of a green apple and cranberry mix; there is also a touch of dusty white pepper on the finish; white wine like of the flavor as well;

Mouthfeel: sweet upfront; tart on the mid and finish; linger tart notes with a lip smacking sweetness; low carbonation with a very fine fizz to the feel; the tart feel seems to clash with the sweet fruit on the aftertaste; semi-dry on the finish; the alcohol really did not come into play;

To the Point: not everybody; first couple of sips I did not like it and my wife liked it on her first couple of sips; halfway thru – I am starting to like this and she did not like it; if I was blindfolded and tasting this I would guess it was a white wine; the only give away would be the body weight is a little heavier than a white wine; if this was a flavored lip stick – I sure would like to kiss Faith’s Lips. 




No comments:

Post a Comment