Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Shizuoka Natsurmikan Ale: Review

Baird Brewing
Numazu, Japan
Bairdbeer.com


Japanese Ale Brewed with additions of Natsumikan Fruit and Peel
Fruit Style Ale
6% abv
1pt 5.4oz bottle
$12.99 a bottle
The Super Fine Wine & Liquor in Canton Michigan

Appearance: misty golden orange body with a one finger white head


Aroma: wow, very aromatic, the fruity note is very nice and unique; berry like; white grape

Flavors: I don’t know what the Shizuoka Natsurmikans fruit smells like or taste like, let along how to say it, but it is flavorful.  Let me do my best to describe this ale: it reminds me of a sweet-tart mango-apricot-tangerine that is on the tart side; there is an herbal-spice note

It’s like mixing a fruity white wine with a light ale.

Mouthfeel: fine fizzy feel from the carbonation, tart, dry finish, has a refreshing feel


To the Point: I am not a fan of fruit style ales but, this is very interesting and tasty.  On fruity beers I am either giving the rest of the glass to my wife or pouring them on the grass.  I drank this 633ml bottle and I would drink another one if I had one.  I want to learn about this Shizuoka Natsurmikan fruit now.  I would buy this again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment