Thursday, August 30, 2012

Woodchuck Spring Hard Cider: Review


Woodchuck Cidery
Middlebury, Vermont, USA
5% abv

Appearance: straw

Aroma: very interesting, I know this smell from somewhere; lightly sweet … like light brown sugar and something else; I remember – Cracker Barrel Restaurant – I have smelled this aroma in a Cracker Barrel Restaurant; okay time to go to the bottle or the website.   “…displays notes of maple syrup and brown sugar…”  and of course a whiff of apples.  I would have never guessed it but, it sure makes since once I saw their description. 

Flavors: and yes the maple syrup and brown sugar comes through in the taste of this hard apple cider.  Hum, think of it … apples, maple syrup, and brown sugar … this could be a very good breakfast drink! 

Mouthfeel: lightly carbonated, crisp and sweet on the delivery, dry on the finish and the flavors linger for a while on the palate. 

To the Point: very interesting cider, on the sweet side for me but, fun to drink one. I did not guess the maple syrup taste until I read that it was maple syrup and all I could say was 'that is maple syrup for sure.'    


No comments:

Post a Comment