Friday, August 17, 2012

Rodenbach Ale Anno 1821: Review


Sour Ale
Flemish Red Brown
Brewery Rodenbach
Roeselare, Belgium
75% ‘young” Ale, 25% Ale matured for two years
1 pt 9.4 oz bottle
$9.99 a bottle
5.2% abv

It is hard cider month on BeerPostings but, it is time to change things up with a sour ale.  Hope it is good.  I have never had this one before.

Appearance: cordovan body with a tan head

Aroma: light bouquet with a touch of apple mash

Flavors: over-ripened apples, cola, muted tart tone,

Mouthfeel:  moderate carbonation, muted notes, low sour, light-moderate tart,

To the Point: I liked the Grand Cru, I would skip this one, this one is just okay

Read the Rodenbach Grand Cru Review


I used my iceless wine cooler to keep the Ale at  the right temperature


No comments:

Post a Comment