Sunday, November 24, 2013

Liberty Street Barber’s Garden IPA: Review

Liberty Steet Brewery
Plymouth, Michigan, USA


Growler $12.00

Using their American IPA recipe they use the hops from the plants they grow right next to their brewery.  Which they don’t explain but, I think there is a Barber shop next to them. 

Damn, I better stop peeing on them bushes.
The American IPA has a 6.7% abv with a 76 to 100% IBU. 
No notes about the Barber’s Garden on their website. 

Is this the old ‘Brewers Garden’?

Appearance: misty deep earthy gold body with a white one finger head that leaves a few spots of lacing.


Aroma: mild-medium floral hops

Flavors: medium floral hops, light piney bit, fruity underneath making me think of mango under a nice touch of pink grapefruit,

Mouthfeel: light carbonation; dry; moderate bitterness – maybe a 45 to 60 IBU; light bitterness on the finish and a lingering grapefruit like bitterness on the aftertaste; medium body;


To the Point: a nice tasting IPA; moderate (at best) bitterness for an IPA; fairly simple; making for an easy to drink IPA; 

Refer to the posting just before this one and did I say the Detroit Lions would do their best to lose that football game?  Yes!

I am sure glad I spent some time running to Liberty Street during this game.  I did something productive than watching a loser football program.  


No comments:

Post a Comment