Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sullivan’s Black Forest X-Day IPA: Review


Sullivan’s Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill
Frankenmuth, Michigan, USA
7% abv
60 IBU’s
$5 a pint
$12 growler refill

Sorry, no picture of the pint - I deleted both pictures by accident. 

I am enjoying a couple of pints at the Brew Haus. I have always enjoyed stopping by Sullivan's here in Frankenmuth Michigan.  

Appearance: amber body with a thin head and nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: light-moderate citrus, reminding me of grapefruit meat,

Flavors: much stronger than the nose; white grapefruit, citrus peel bitterness, undertone of sweet malts doing their job

Mouthfeel: firm bitterness, white grapefruit like, little piney on the aftertaste with smack of grapefruit peel, the citrus bitter note lingers

To the Point: nice hop bitter bomb here that is rather simple overall but, if you like white grapefruit … this should work for you.  I enjoyed it enough to order a second one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment