Sunday, December 8, 2013

New Belgium Accumulation: Review

New Belgium Brewing
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA


6.2% abv
70 IBUs
White India Pale Ale
Winter Seasonal

I was looking for Snow Days, I enjoyed it last winter, but I came across Accumulation.  Never had it so I thought I would give it a try.
 
Appearance: bright lemon oil with a very nice snow white head that leaves tons lacing


Aroma: let me stay with the lemon oil theme; I’ll call it tart lemon oil with a soft fresh baked biscuit in the background

Flavors: the tart lemon dominates but, it is not overpowering – let’s say it is just short of moderate in strength; soft buttered bread underneath; a touch of white fruit – pear and apple; hint of sweet tropical


Mouthfeel: tart lemon up front; moderate bitterness lingers on the aftertaste; low carbonation; I want to say it is just short of medium in body but the tart lemon keeps it in the medium body range; sweet tropical on the mid

To the Point: I like this winter ale; let me call it a ‘winter shanty’; I am not a fan of the lemon flavor in beer but, this is very nice; the wheat blends in nicely with tropical/lemon notes


Today’s NFL football game: Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles – the winter weather should play a big role and the Lions love to turn over the ball.  Lions 24 Eagles 13 – the Lions are just too talented 


1 comment:

  1. Second quarter and the Lions have 2 turnovers already. The snow is worst than I thought it would be - I should have gone with all field goals - Lions 9 Eagles 3 - I love watching all this snow and football.

    ReplyDelete