Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Radeberger Pilsner: Review

Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei
Radeberg, Germany


4.8% abv
11.2oz bottle/330ml
$9.99 a six pack
Best before 6.20.13
Today is 6.23.13

Two interesting things on this bottle: 1) on the ingredients – hop extract; 2) Puerto Rico, Please Don’t Litter.  So, Puerto Rico must have a problem with throwing German Beer bottles out their car windows and littering the road sides.  And, dealing with #1 – ‘hop extract’ – this is Germany brewing the beer not some third world country that can’t grow any plant life on their soil and would have to buy hop extract to make a beer. 

I bought a bunch of these import pilsners because I need the bottle caps to finish my stud work around my shed door.  I only need 15 more caps to get to 600 different caps on that stud work.  Here is the other interesting thing, to me, I think I have all the different beer caps from the party store I go to and they have a huge
Selection.    

Appearance: crystal yellow with plenty of bubbles rising to the top with a ½ finger pure white head that lays on top during the drinking experience; spot lacing


Aroma: dry grass clippings, light must, light grain, not much else

Flavors: should have named this beer ‘not much else,’ dusty grains, very faint hop bittering, water, and not much else

Mouthfeel: thin, watery, decent fizzy carbonation, refreshing on a hot summer day if it is ice cold, as this beer warms the flavors diminish; just seems like a light pilsner; I had hopes for this German beer – oh well. 

To the Point: just lacks character; as far as pilsners go – it’s only decent; just because of the use of ‘hop extract’ I would never buy this beer again.  For 10 bucks a six pack you can do much better spending your money on something else.  


No comments:

Post a Comment