Saturday, August 17, 2013

T. Dub's Restaurant in Frankenmuth Michigan


If you follow this blog you know that I like to stop in Frankenmuth on my way to Grindstone City in the tip of the thumb of Michigan.  The Fischer Platz on the outside of the Bavarian Inn Restaurant is a great place to have a beer and listen to Polka Music.  Sullivan’s Black Forest has some real fine craft beers.  The Lager Mill beer store has a super fantastic selection of beers.  Well, T. Dub's is a little restaurant in the middle of downtown and they have a nice selection of craft beers on tap. 


I usually stop at T. Dub's for breakfast but, with a nice selection of beers on tap I am planning to stop by for a lunch and dinner.  I did get a chance to order a pizza to go, the day was too nice to sit inside and eat, and the pizza was very good.  Since, I was ordering this pizza to go this gave me the opportunity to try a beer that I have not had before – Kuhnhenn’s DRIPA – Double Rice India Pale Ale.


This 9.5% abv DRIPA is one tasty ale.  It has a nice golden body with a white head that leaves plenty of sticky lacing on the glass.  It is not overly bitter – kind of like pink grapefruit; has a nice malt presence; nice light crisp bitter aftertaste; the long grain rice must give this ale its mellow and crisp feel.  I am going to have to do a real review on this one day.  I really liked this ale. 


Look at this tasty pizza


I got: red onion, roasted red peppers, fresh garlic, feta cheese and spinach.



This is damn good pizza.  


No comments:

Post a Comment