Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bishop Bob’s Holy Smoke Review

Dragonmead
Warren, Michigan, USA


5.6% abv
Growler
Bamberg-style Rauchbier
Spring Seasonal - ? – I just bought it today at the brewery.  They sure must be positive thinkers brewing a spring seasonal on a 6 degree day.

Appearance: brown body with big dark caramel highlights; not much of a head and no lacing


Aroma: light smoky note and not much of anything else; lager like

Flavors and Mouthfeel: smoky grains with a hint of toasted dark caramel; very lager like in feel maybe a little amber bock like in feel and taste with smoke added of course; good dose of smoked grains but not overpowering


To the Point: pretty good for a smoked beer.  I am not a fan of smoked beers but, I can drink this one. It was good with the BBQ I bought from Bad Brad’s BBQ in Clinton Township (badbradsbbq.net).  Damn that was the best rack of ribs and brisket that I have ever had.   


No comments:

Post a Comment