Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Bruery Rugbrod Review

The Bruery
Placentia, California, USA
                  
        
8% abv
30 IBU
1pt 9.4oz bottle
$19.99 a bottle
JuleBryg-Style Dark Rye Ale
Winter ale
2013 Edition / Retired
Bottle dated 9-2013
The date on the bottle is very hard to find
Can be aged two years – well let’s find out if it matured properly.

Appearance: leave the sediment on the bottom of the bottle; very dark cola body with a one finger tan head

Aroma: light rye spice; toasted caramel; sweet rich grains;


Flavors: nice dose of rye; dark toasted malts; little nutty; dusty brown spice; sweet burnt sugar on the back;

Mouthfeel: rich dark malts; rye spice on the front and mid; sweet burnt sugar on the back; a muddled aftertaste of all the flavors; sweetness dominates;

To the Point: I have never had this beer before to see how it has aged but, the beer still tastes very good; I wonder if the spiciness of the rye has settled; I do like this style but for me this is a one glass and done type beer; with some dopplebocks and dubbel ales I am the same way – where I like them but all I can do is drink just one; the rich style and the sweetness gets to be too much for me



No comments:

Post a Comment