Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shiner Kosmos Reserve: Review


Shiner Family Reunion
Spoetzl Brewery
Shiner, Texas, USA
Six different 12oz beers from the Spoetzl Brewery
Bock, Black Lager, Blonde, Hefeweizen, Kosmos Reserve, Brewer’s Pride – Old-Time Alt
$8.99 a six pack

Shiner Kosmos Reserve
5% abv

Appearance: rich clear golden body with plenty of head, I had a three finger head and I was not even trying, the white foam disappeared quickly with very little lacing.

Aroma: very light, slightly grainy, nothing special

Flavors and Mouthfeel: light, crisp, grains, and grassy hops with a big watery edge.  Very fine carbonation leaves a light fizzy feel on the palate.  Not sweet; Not bitter; Not interesting but, I like it.  If this was cheap I would drink it on a regular bases. 

My Strength Rating: 2.5


No comments:

Post a Comment