Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Greenbush Anger IPA: Review

Black India Pale Ale
Greenbush Brewing Company
Sawyer, Michigan, USA
85 IBU
7.6% abv

Appearance: black body with a tan two finger head that leaves some lacing.

Aroma: I could smell the piney hops when I popped the cap;

Flavors: nice hoppy spice for a black IPA; roasted grains mix it up with some citrus and pine

Mouthfeel: good bitterness, medium-full body, mild-moderate fizzy carbonation feel, pine on the aftertaste, very dry

To the Point: I have had several black IPAs and this one does have a little attitude with the bitterness compared to the other ones.  If you like to have an IPA with a little black lager – this is it; if you want a black lager with a little IPA then search the blog for the other ones.  This ale got a 90% on Beer Advocate with 118 reviews.  Personally, that is a little high for me.  I’d give it a B/B+; let me call it 86%.




No comments:

Post a Comment