Saturday, January 28, 2012

Samuel Adams Winter Lager: Review


The Boston Beer Company
Spiced with cinnamon, orange zest and ginger

I like to order this beer on tap at a tavern when I go out.  I think the recipe has changed with time.  I don’t think it is as spicy as it used to be. 

Appearance: rich copper body with a bone white head. 

Aroma: light herbal-spice nose, malty

Flavors: the mild cinnamon and ginger are noticeable, orange zest – wish it was there, light toasted caramel malts, grassy hops,

Mouthfeel: a bit thin from what it used to be years ago, semi-moderate carbonation, light spice on the aftertaste, watery edge

My Strength Rating: 4/3.5 – mild-medium

To the Point: another example that Samuel Adams has out grown their own pants, they are making beer for the masses, have they forgotten their roots?

No comments:

Post a Comment