Thursday, November 17, 2011

Krusovice Cerne: Review


Kru Ovice Cerne
The Royal Bohemian Taste
Original Hohmisches Schwarzbier
Kralovsky Pivovar
Czech Republic


3.8% abv (beeradvocate)
Bottle Size: 1pt .9oz
This bottle is dated 18-06-2008
It was at a discounted price and the sucker that I am said, ‘this would make a good experience for putting on the beer blog.’
Reading the ingredients I am not a fan of this beer right off the bat.  It is made with artificial sweetener

Appearance: very dense black body with a good tan head.  Some lacing is left on the glass. 

Aroma: I should be able to tell if it is bad now.  Smell’s good for a 3 year old bottle of beer.  Dark bready note and a general sweet malt hits the nose.

Taste: I wish I had a fresh one to compare it too.  Not all that bad which, is also saying not all that good either.  A muddled dark bread taste with that artificial sweetener coming into play.  Tastes like a nasty tasting diet soda made with pumpernickel bread. 

Time to water the grass with the rest of this beer. 


Remember this was a three year old bottle.  I think there could be something good here except for that artificial sweetener stuff.  I just looked at the beeradvocate site and the beer got a B – good – score from 187 reviews.  Reading some it sounds like something I may, a big may, try again if it is fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment