Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sleeman Original Draught: Beer Review


5% abv
Sleeman Brewing and Malting Co.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Appearance: gold, clear, pours a thick white head that leaves plenty of lacing on the glass.

Aroma: grainy, boiled corn?, dough, nothing interesting

Flavors: sweet malts and a dry grassy hoppy note.  Large mineral water profile.   To me pretty non-descript flavors. 

Mouthfeel: light and crisp on the delivery, a lingering note of dry grass or hay.  This beer is refreshing when pulled out of a cooler full of ice on a hot summer day.  Easy beer to knock down a few while playing cards, yard games or yard work. 

My Strength Rating: 3 – I want to go lower but, it is that lingering aftertaste that keeps it to a 3 (at most). 

To the Point: an average beer at best.  I’ll give it a C.  I would not go higher but, I would go lower.  This is something the average beer drinker would like.  Time to step your game up and discover quality beer. 

But, a cooler full of this beer with lots of ice and a horseshoe game – I won’t complain. 

2 comments:

  1. Tried sleeman original draught recently horrible would rate it a 1 out of 10 stay away found out sleeman isn't canadian it's Japanese stay away from this product

    ReplyDelete
  2. No head, flat beer. Would return case if I could.

    ReplyDelete