Monday, February 7, 2011

Arcadia Ales Cocoa Loco: Review

Stout brewed with Chocolate, Molasses, and Lactose
The Brew Crew Big Beer Series
Vintage: 2006
7%abv
1pt 6oz bottle
$7.50 a bottle
Arcadia Brewing Company
Battle Creek, Michigan, USA

Drinking this 2006 vintage bottle is going to be interesting.  Did I waste my $7 bucks or is it going to be really good or somewhere between?  Let’s find out!

The color of the body is black with a good looking roasted brown colored foamy head.  There is plenty of lacing on the glass.

The aroma is interesting.  Toasted grains, chocolate, and I am picking up that lactose smell (just a hint). 

First thing I notice is that lactose taste with a burnt molasses, burnt sugar, roasted coffee, toasted grains, and of course … chocolate.  A dark 90% type chocolate.

I’ll have to admit that I am not a fan of the lactose taste in my beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment