Monday, January 28, 2013

Leinenkugel’s Lemon Berry Shandy: Review


Jacob Leinenkugel’s Brewing Company
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, USA
4.2% abv
Weiss Beer with Blackberry Juice and Natural Flavors

Appearance: rosy peach fuzz with a thin white head that leaves some lacing behind

Aroma: berry soda, more like strawberry-raspberry than blackberry, undertone of lemon, very fresh

Flavors: berry bowl, tart blackberry, a faint lemon note floats around, undertone of wheat … maybe.  Add some more carbonation and you have a rose’ champagne.

Mouthfeel: mild-moderate carbonation, fresh and crisp, light lingering berry note – artificial like, the touch of lemon controls the sweetness. 

To the Point: I was not looking forward to doing this beer but, I think I like it.  As for a beer … forget it … it’s a berry cooler.  I was planning to take a few sips and write a review and then hand it off to the wife to finish but, I think I’ll light up a cigar.  Okay, halfway through I have had enough.  It would have to be one hot day to finish this beer.  


1 comment: