Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cup A Joe Filet Mignon

Perfect medium rare

Day before grilling
I poured a little Walnut Olive Oil into a glass dish and coated both sides of the filets in the oil.  I then poured some Espresso Balsamic Vinegar that I purchased at the Old World Olive Press in downtown Plymouth, Michigan.  Place the glass dish with the filets in the refrigerator.   


I am really enjoying these Olive and Vinegar stores that are opening up.  Three stores opened last year in locations that I visit here in Michigan;  Fustini’s in Kerrytown, Ann Arbor; Old World in Plymouth, and Great Lakes Olive and Oil Co. in Frankenmuth. 


Let the Espresso Vinegar sit for a couple of hours.  Take the filets out of the fridge and pour a bottle of Cup A Joe Creme Stout into the glass dish.  Place the tray back in the fridge to sit overnight.

Time to grill
One hour before grilling pour the Cup A Joe liquid out of the glass dish.  Then, I coated each filet in a dry Coffee BBQ Rub that I picked up from the Spice Merchants.  I leave my filets out till it is time to grill at this point in the ball.  I prefer to get the chill off the filets before cooking. 


Well, the weather did not work with me so the filets go into the broiler.  Rain!!! 

Oh my!  This is GREAT

No comments:

Post a Comment