Friday, February 10, 2012

Big Dick’s Olde Ale: Review


Arcadia Brewing Company
Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
9% abv
51 IBU’s
2010 Vintage

I reviewed this beer back on June 6, 2010 and since I just reviewed Red Snapper from Arbor Brewing – I think it is a perfect time to visit Big Dick’s Olde Ale again. 

Appearance: a heavy dark caramel body with a very thin tan head from an aggressive pour.  Some lacing on the glass.

Aroma: light nose overall, some sweet malts in there, a little wheat bread

Flavors: semi-sweet malty tones, some tasty hops adding a light bitterness. I am having a hard time coming up with some specific flavors but, it is still tasty to me.  As the ale warms there is a better spicy (light) hops which I like.  It does not come across boozy at first but as it warms there is a hint of alcohol.

Mouthfeel: smooth, almost a buttery feel, low carbonation,

To the Point: be careful with the 9% abv, this is smooth and easy to drink, I think I liked the one I had back in 2010 (whatever vintage that was) a little better.    

No comments:

Post a Comment