Thursday, June 30, 2011

Red Stripe: Review


Jamaican Lager

I saw this in the store and said I have not reviewed this beer yet and it is time to do so.  It has been about two years since I have had one.  It is an easy beer to drink and easy to knock down a few on a nice summer day. 

4.7% abv
11.2 oz bottle
Desnoes & Geddes Limited
Kingston, Jamaica
Redstripebeer.com

Appearance: typical golden lager with a white head.  Plenty of head that leaves some lacing on the glass. 

Aroma: crisp, clean, yeasty white bread

Flavors: delicate sweet malts on the delivery with a grainy profile, minimal hops, light bittering note 

Mouthfeel: light, crisp, clean, plenty of carbonation to refresh the palate, no lingering notes of any kind.

To the Point: a decent yet worthy beer.  Nothing special.  A fine beer to session on a hot summer day.  To me it is a lager that I enjoy for a six pack or two and then get bored with.  Then, it is two years later till I remember I have not had it in a while. 

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing

No comments:

Post a Comment