Thursday, March 22, 2012

Atomium Premier Grand Cru: Review


Golden Ale Style
Matured in the bottle
Van Steenberge Brewery
Ertvelde, Belgium


Appearance: dusty orange body with a massive white head that reminds me of shaving cream; this head does not want to go away it’s been 5 minutes since I poured the glass and there are a couple of mounds still standing, look at the lacing on the glass.


Nose: apricot, big time apricot, sweet malts, floral hops

Flavors: oh yes, it tastes like apricot, little peach, light earthy yeast, sweet malts, delicate yet tasty hops and grains


Mouthfeel: smooth, almost creamy, oily, stoned fruit flavors dance across the tongue, crisp,

To the Point: I am not an apricot in beer fan but, I could drink a whole bottle, I drank two in one night and it was like eating two pieces of apple pie – one would have been enough,


No comments:

Post a Comment