Sunday, November 17, 2013

Round Barn Indecision Ale: Review

Round Barn Brewery
Baroda, Michigan, USA


5.3% abv
No date on the bottle

I did not know what I really wanted when I stopped by this store so, when I saw the name Indecision Ale I knew we were meant for each other. I was also trying to make a decision to head up north for the week-end or not.

This beer started out as an Amber Ale and morphed into a Red and then into ???  - copper ale.  Well, that is their story in a nut shell.

Appearance: a dirty muddled amber body with 5 inches of light tan foam; I barely poured one or two inches of liquid on an easy pour and the foam just exploded; probably a beer that has gone bad; the one I had last night was okay;


Aroma: once the ale sat long enough for the foam to settle, I was able to get a sniff; just like last night – nothing much nor special; little hops and a little nondescript malt on the nose

Flavors and Mouthfeel: wow that carbonation is a killer; this beer had been sitting too long in the store; nothing like the one last night; cutting through to the flavor there is a little nondescript malty note again and a little hoppy spice – amber ale like; from what I recall from the ale last night it is pretty much the same on the flavor front; as for the mouthfeel – this one is just plain old bad – another bad craft beer or should I say a craft beer that has gone bad because retailers are not storing these beers properly. 


To the Point: the Indecision Ale that I had last night, I thought was just okay, nothing special; of course the one today is bad and I’ll water the rain soaked ground with this one.  I have wasted so much money on bad beers this year it is crazy. I did return a couple of six packs but, I should have returned up to two or three cases worth of bad beers or beers that have gone bad.  

I am going to make a few changes in my purchasing habits: 1) No date on the bottle forget it; don't buy it.  2) visit breweries to try these beers or visit a quality bar that carries a lot of craft beers. 

While the Detroit Lions game has started here is my call anyways: Lions 17 Steelers 27  
6 and 3 Lions my ass - we will see they are really a 4 and 5 team with the record of 6 and 3.  The problem? 
All coaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment