Thursday, November 18, 2010

White Peppercorn


White pepper is black pepper without the outer crust of the berry. Whitepepper.com has a brief explanation on white pepper. The flavor is usually cleaner. I don’t think it has that citrus bite like the black pepper. When I tested the white peppercorn, I did not get that citrus bite but what I did get was a hotter taste. When I taste the fine grind white pepper in a jar (wet the end of your finger and tap the white pepper) I defiantly get a softer pepper taste. No citrus. Remember that nice pungent smell of black pepper? Well, forget it when you smell white pepper. Whole white peppercorns smell bad. They are musky or like my wife (the bloodhound) said, ‘this smells like shit.’ White pepper does not have a pleasant aroma but, the taste if very good.

Tomorrow Green Peppercorn Posting

1 comment: