Thursday, February 20, 2014

Augustijn Blonde Ale: Review

Br. Van Steenberge
Ertvelde, Belgium


8% abv
11.2 oz stubby bottle
Style: Blond Ale
Sampler Six Pack
$22.99


Appearance: In to the Mystic Orange – I want that job at the paint company to name their colors -  one and half finger snow white head; some lacing with each sip but not much sticking to the chalice  

This is the appearance before I swirl the bottle with
the last inch of ale
Aroma: not very pronounced; mild overall; I’ll do my best to describe this ale: light sweet non-descript malt; golden raisin; hint of orange; Belgian yeast; I give up for I might fall asleep smelling this ale  

Here is the appearance poured with the sediment
This ale should have a misty appearance
Flavors: blood orange; hint of apricot; golden raisin; fresh sweet pear; very pleasing fruity style; Belgian yeast; sweet biscuit; light spice – nothing discernable  

Mouthfeel: this ale is all about mouthfeel; semi-creamy; very light carbonation for a fine fizzy feel; pleasing fruity style from start to finish; medium body at best;

To the Point: a pleasing ale to sit back and enjoy; nothing special considering the price; probably why I have not had it since 2011; nice to try once in a while;

Food Pairing: white fish/shell fish


Cigar Pairing: Cameroon wrapped cigars that are mild to medium in body


No comments:

Post a Comment